Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Our first blog...woopie

9 December 2010

As the first entry into our blog history, I feel compelled to make this something epic and worthy of the ages...but why overreach and set us all up for disappointment for the future?  :)

Words from The Bean:
The other night it was getting close to bedtime.  First comes bathtime, though.  So, The Bean went into the bathroom to gather her toys and ran out yelling to me.  "Mom, come here!" Of course, I reply with concern and ask what is wrong.  She pulls my hand and tells me, "Come on Mom.  You have to see sonthing (she has a slight lisp yet at 3.5 years)."  Her eyes are wide and alight with concern, yet I hold back a bit and ask what is so urgent. She decides to play her big cards to get me moving faster. "Mom.  It's something dangerous and ridiculous."  Well.  That did get me moving.  Off to the bathroom we proceed, where she grabs the white cloth shower curtain with both hands and pulls back with a flourish.  Her tiny finger points to the bottom of the bath.  "See!", she says.  My eyes follow the direction that little finger points, to the bottom of the bathtub.  What do you imagine I saw there?  Spider?  Broken glass, perhaps?  No.  With a smile I look and see small pieces of grass, a few twigs and some mud clumps from the previous bather (her brother) who had cut wood earlier in the day.  Dangerous and ridiculous indeed.
Let this be a lesson to us all:  if a three year old can use such wonderful words as 'dangerous' and 'ridiculous' in a sentence, so can we.  Get your dictonaries out people. :)

In closing, we would like to thank a certain talented Australian beauty who's idea this was.  The Bean will have her to thank one day.  Hugs.

From today for this occasion.

1 comment:

  1. WOnderful! I shall look forward to years of watching her as she clambers through life!

    ReplyDelete